Saturday, March 31, 2012

Crafting Craze

I recently decided that I needed a new hobby. Thus far my life seems to consist of school, study, home for (a late) dinner and sleep. The problem is that I keep dreaming of whatever I studied that day. Last quarter it was viruses and now it is giant red blood cells. I decided that I needed a new hobby to spend an hour or so doing between dinner and bed so that I can have normal, don't wake up freaked out about RBCs eating me dreams. Then I discovered pintrest...problem solved :) I have been having so much fun being crafty. I love making new wreaths and decorating the house with things I have made. I started small with magnets and they were a blast but didn't keep me occupied for very long!
After the magnets I decided to try something a little harder. I found a wreath that I absolutely loved that didn't seem that difficult. I was right about how hard it would be to make the wreath-it was the flowers that had to be made for the wreath that I was incorrect about! Below is a picture of a finished flower made from cotton cloth. This is one of the best ones I made. I threw out my first 5 lol!

Once I got the flowers figured out the rest of the wreath came together really easily. I love the finished product!



My next art project was decorations for the house (or in this case for a friends place). I found this idea on pintrest and thought it looked so neat. This project wasn't too hard and turned out really great!

When Chris' family came to visit it was March Madness all the way. I however wanted something to craft while totally paying attention to basketball. I found a holiday frame that you can leave up year round and change the ribbon and decorations depending on the season. I had so much fun shopping around to find decorations for Easter (and St. Patrick's Day....and Fourth of July:) ). Ginny and I had a lot much fun crafting together! This is the final product. I love it!!!
At some point the stress from school reach an all time high so Jenna and I decided on a crafting night! I'm not sure the boys enjoyed it but it worked to help Jenna and I destress. I made another wreath while she worked on using yarn to make Easter decorations. The wreath is very bright and I decided it would be the perfect wreath for Easter. I also made the bird artwork since it seemed very spring and Easter-y. It was nice to change up the decorations on the fireplace. While I love the ones that are usually there, now every time I come home I notice that it is different where as before I never paid attention since it was always the same.

Now I am making another wreath (I already told Chris we are probably going to have a large collection of them and he should just accept that our front door will always have a wreath on it!). This one is more of a summer wreath with fun bright colors.

I love crafting (especially wreaths) and am very happy that the crazy vet school related dreams seem to have stopped!

No comments:

Post a Comment