Saturday, September 1, 2012

Lantern Flowers

For a while now I have wanted to check out The Art Party Studio.  They offer classes demonstrating how to paint different paintings.  They provide all the supplies and demonstrate step by step.  It took me 6 months to find a time that worked with a painting that I knew I would love to hang up in the house.  Probably would have been much quicker if I didn't spend the summer working nights!  Jenna and I finally had an opportunity to attend a class to paint lantern flowers.  

We took this opportunity (before school gets crazy) to go on a double date.  We took the husbands to dinner at an amazing pizza place.  Chris and I tried a gyro pizza (Jenna and Jesse were horrified by it:). It was amazing!  We got polar pops to take to the studio (anyone surprised by that?).  

When we arrived, it turned out that we were the only ones painting (probably because it was a Thursday night).   We had so much fun painting.  The lantern picture was fairly easy to do.  It surprised me how different the two paintings of lantern flowers turned out.  Both will look amazing in our houses!  I am already looking for another date to paint another picture!








1 comment:

  1. A gyro pizza sounds amazing! And i think that looks like so much fun. I guess I'll have to come down and do it with you next time. :) Your painting turned out great. Hope school is going well. Are you getting my texts?...

    ReplyDelete