Friday, January 10, 2014

Crochet and Other Recent Crafty Things

Since I FINALLY finished my boards (have you noticed a theme in my life recently- everything seems to revolve around boards!) I have had more time for fun things-like CRAFTING!!!  So many projects to talk about!  Probably my favorite and the one that I am super proud of is my new earring holder.  For Christmas I received many new earrings and needed a place to store them (just to make sure they stay paired!!!)  I was trying to think of a way to display them without it being the middle school earring holder we all had growing up.  I looked some at stores but didn't find anything I liked.  While out shopping, I found a picture frame that I loved (and I love Hobby Lobby's 50% sales!).  I decided to make an earring holder out of it.  The next question was what do I use as a background to hold the earrings.  I was thinking burlap would look nice but I was afraid it wouldn't hold the earrings well.  Luckily I had Jenna with me!  We found mesh wire (intended to make some wire mask thing-idk it looked weird) but it was the perfect width for my 4 x 6 frame! We decided that we didn't want just the wire mesh as a backdrop for the earrings (it felt too much like the middle school earring holders) so we went looking for burlap.  We found many different color options (did anyone else know burlap is now in a wide variety of colors??? Surprised me!)  I probably would have been boring and used normal burlap but Jenna convinced me to use the teal.  The results are amazing!!!!!  
Jenna's turned out great too!
I also had some time to create some Christmas and winter themed boards for the house.  This is probably my favorite craft project that I have made due to the versatility! It is so easy to change for each season.  Plus I love finding new things to hang on it!

Christmas Board- the right ornament says
The greatest story ever  told



The winter themed board!
Snow place like home!
Alright, the last thing I have is my crochet blankets. I have started a lot of them as gifts....and finished none of them!!!!  But I'm still working!  The first one is one I started for me.  Its very neutral colors and very thick.  I love it but its a slow process because its so big and thick.
The next one is probably my favorite pattern.  I love the colors and the chevron stripe!!!  I am half way done with it in this picture.  

I started a wintery, cabin-y themed one for Ginny and am really close to finishing it!!!!  Thats my weekend goal.  I think the colors just say Colorado Cabin.


That's all my current crafting projects!  I need to work on a  scarf for my new coat so maybe that will be coming soon!




No comments:

Post a Comment