Thursday, January 9, 2014

Holidays


I was just thinking that it won't be too long before the blog title is no longer relevant!  Crazy.  Anyway, I'm sure there will be more on that later.
The Holidays passed in blur this year!  Its been really crazy with rotations and then trying to pretend that I have a normal person life.  This year Chris and I had to stay home for most of the holidays due to my schedule.  We were lucky enough to be able to spend Thanksgiving with his family in Winter Park, Colorado.  Their new condos are huge and gorgeous!
A shot of the outside of the condos.
The view from the condos was incredible!
We flew into Denver on Tuesday.  Chris was really unhappy that Peyton Manning, Denver BRONCOS QB, wished us a very Happy Thanksgiving while we were in the airport.  I don't think he is adjusting to the new Colts team well!
Chris's face upon hearing Peyton- you know the BRONCOS QB-
wish us a Happy Thanksgiving.  I probably should stop making
 fun of him at some point but its just so easy and enjoyable!!!!!


Chris and his family had an amazing time skiing and enjoying the cold.  I on the other hand had an awesome time staying warm inside while hanging out with Noah, Emie and Jessica!  I also found time to finish a few crafting projects!  I had been so busy studying for boards (which I took the Monday before we left) that I was behind on my crafting and relaxing.
I took my boards right before we left for Colorado.
 I got an amazing surprise for my boards.  Ginny
and Roger sent me a beautiful flower arrangement to
 cheer me up!  They were pink and gorgeous!!!!!
 I managed to finish a hat for Chris.  I think it turned out really well!  The wavy lines had me cursing up a storm the first 10 attempts but I finally figured it out!!!!
On the first day, we all met up on the mountain for lunch at the amazing soup restaurant in Winter Park.  Noah, Emie, Jessica and I rode the bus up the mountain to meet the skiers!  It was quite the adventure.  Noah loved the school bus.  


We had amazing food the entire trip but Thanksgiving was my favorite.  Prime Rib, brussel sprouts, roasted root veggies, mashed taters, and Reeses cookie pie for dessert- What's not to love?  Unfortunately we ate all the food before I even thought of taking photos.  So instead you get more scenery pictures.  



















It was an amazing trip. It was so great to finally relax and hangout with family!


 Since it is currently January and I just wrote my Thanksgiving post- I'm slightly behind but that just means more holidays to come!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment