Monday, September 9, 2013

So Much FALL Crafting...So Little Time


So, while it is still 90 degrees outside- It is officially FALL in my house!  It wasn't really my fault.  I happened to go into Bath and Body Works and they had all the fall scents out.  Of course I HAD to buy some (ok most of them!).  Then when I got home and plugged in the new leaves and pumpkin scented wall flowers and used the hazelnut hand soap my house (and me!) smelled like fall but still looked summery.  What's a girl to do but redecorate for fall?  I started by FINALLY updating my seasonal board.  At first I had trouble making it appear fall-like and not Thanksgiving-y (I realize I am early for fall but I do know its too early for Thanksgiving decorations!!!) I settled on this.  I think it looks pretty fall-y.   
P.S. HEREis the link I used to make the board incase anyone is interested.
Next I started decorating the mantel.  Lucky me- Hobby Lobby had 50% off flowers!  I have always loved the silver pitcher but hadn't found a use for it yet.  I think it looks awesome as a vase! Plus for Chris and my anniversary a really awesome friend bought us  the colorful hanging candles! Although kind of hard to see in the picture-it looks amazing on the mantel.  
My final crafting project was a new WREATH!  I love wreaths!!!  There is something about coming home to a front door that looks warm and inviting with a wreath that makes me smile every time! I think this wreath is perfect for summer transitioning into fall! The fall colors combined with the flowers just seems right.  



This is just to show you how deep my love for wreaths really goes!


1 comment: