Monday, April 2, 2012

Vet School Update

The first quarter of this year was rather tough for me. My 94 year old Grandfather was ill after breaking his hip. I spent a lot of time going to nursing homes getting him to eat and not enough quality time with my notes. At the end of the semester I had to take a test, the MILESTONE (it was pretty intimidating so I thought caps would help portray that) over all the material from the first year and a half of vet school. I recently got the results from the test and scored above average with a score higher than this years passing boards rate. I was super excited considering I didn't really have time to study with all of the family complications.

This semester has been much more conducive to studying. I decided I would be more productive if I stayed and did all of my studying at the school since there are less distractions. So far it has been very successful.

Today I found out that I have a summer job! I was offered a position working for the Poison Control Center located in Urbana (only a few blocks from the house!). The Poison Control Center receives calls from all over the country from pet owners and veterinarians about the ingestion of poisonous substances. They provide information about clinical signs of toxicity and what treatment protocol to follow. I am super excited about this opportunity to gain a better understanding of toxic compounds and handling emergency situations.

I also fell in love with KEEP CALM and CARRY ON signs. Next time you visit I am sure they will be throughout the house:) Here is one for the blog!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment