Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Proposal

It is officially story time. (Aka I did not make any progress on the wedding so I will tell a story to distract myself from that fact) My fiance, Chris, is the best gentleman in the world. He knows me better than I know myself. I am continuously impressed by how much he knows about me and is able to predict my thoughts and interpret my actions. He proposed to me on our anniversary. I arrived uncharacteristically late for dinner. Upon arrival, I found the door locked. Hmmm...I was intrigued. When he finally let me in, he was acting uber weird. I thought he had burned dinner beyond all recognition. We sat on the couch and he informed me that dinner was not quite ready yet. I answered questions about my day (which was super boring) while he continued to act nervous. Shortly after this the door to his apartment opened. A small dog, Bowser, (that belongs to friends of ours) came running in. He loves me, and therefore launched himself into my lap. Tied to Bowser was a box. At this point I thought that Chris had planned a huge office prank. (Not sure what I am talking about? Check it out... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMA1R0FHfCs) He pulled the box from the dog. Chris then tried to bribe the dog to go down the stairs and back out the door with a bone. Bowser attempted Doggy Suicide by almost jumping over the mantle and down the 5-6 foot drop to retrieve the bone. Luckily Chris grabbed him and led him to the stairs. When Chris opened the box, there was a ring. At this point I decided I should probably pay close attention. He talked about how much I mean to him and how he is truly himself when he is around me. It brought tears to my eyes. I enthusiastically answered yes to his question. We ate dinner (which was not ruined as I had assumed) and began calling all relatives. It was pretty sweet! Overall it was probably the best night of my life :)

No comments:

Post a Comment