Friday, August 16, 2013

Chinese Valentine's Day

August 13th was my birthday and Chris and my 3rd year anniversary!  I also was informed that this year August 13th was the Chinese Valentine's Day!  Lucky coincidence!

While I feel like our anniversary is a much bigger accomplishment than surviving yet another year- I freaking LOVE birthdays!   It was an awesome day!  I made cupcakes for school like a 3rd grader and brought them in to share (but you cannot possibly understand how much I love birthdays- It doesn't have to be my own birthday-I love other people's birthdays! And I wanted to share the fun!).  I liked being at school on my birthday- Everyone said happy birthday :)   When I went home Chris and I exchanged gifts.  I got him an arm band to hold his phone while we go running and a hand exercise thing (he asked for it otherwise I'd still probably not know it existed) for while he drives.  I also found some really cool looking DVD workouts for us to try.  He got me 2 new necklaces and a pair of earrings (pictures to come!!!).  He also found a used Wii and got Wii fit, Wii fit plus and mario.  I LOVE THE WII!!!  (last night I found Kung fu Wii fit- needless to say I stayed up late last night!!!)

Once I finally stopped playing Wii, Chris and I found a new (to us) restaurant in Champaign, Bacaro, that specializes in farm to table meals.  We opted for the tasting menu since it was a special occasion.  Seven courses of deliciousness!  All the food was incredible.  Chris and I both agreed our favorite part of the meal were the sauces.  Each dish had the most amazing sauce paired with it.  If I had to guess Chris' favorite was the paprika vinaigrette.  It was fabulous.  I tried to take pictures of the food but it was soo good that I got distracted and forgot.  Here are a few of the dishes.




















We had so much fun!  I am so proud of us for surviving 3 years of vet school, travel and stress.  Here is hoping for 50 more years of happiness.

Don't forget-Keep Calm and Carry On

No comments:

Post a Comment