Thursday, August 29, 2013

Sweet Corn!

A few weeks ago ( I am pretty sure it was at least a week ago but when your life is super hectic time flys, days pass and who really can keep track of them?), Chris and I went to the Urbana Sweet Corn Festival.  It was a blast!  Sometimes it is nice to just chill out -even if it is just for an evening.

 Chris and I are HORRIBLE at taking pictures- we never think to do it.  So to try to rectify that situation we each had to take 5 pictures throughout the evening.  ( You may wish we just decided to stick with having no pictures because we are not very good photographers).


Are you starting to see why we couldn't make a career with our photography skills?


We started by perusing all the food options.  There were so many kinds of BBQ and grilled foods!  Once we finally settled on food, Chris was so excited about his he couldn't wait to eat it-which explains why he burnt his tongue.  The above right is a photograph of my brilliant husband who burnt his tongue on his chili so bad that he had to go buy ice cream to cool it off.  His tongue hurt so bad he wouldn't even share the ice cream!!!! (Or at least thats the story he told me!)
We met up with Jenna and Jesse!  It was really great sitting, people watching and listening to the music.  There were a few different bands who played country music.  I really loved Kaelyn Green (spelling? How do you spell Kaelyn when it is used as a boy name?) a country artist out of Nashville.  He sang some of my favorite country songs.  





When we got home, I was working on a blanket that I am crocheting.  Apparently I bored Elsie to death because she fell asleep on my yarn!




No comments:

Post a Comment