Thursday, August 15, 2013

Round is a shape

An update on my fitness goals:

Rose's Graduation 2 months ago
As previously discussed, I have been trying to loose some weight. Although I agree round is a shape, it's not quite the shape I am going for.   The whole process was going great until clinics.  I quickly found that a love of stress eating and stressful clinical rotations make weight loss incredibly difficult.  I have been able to continue to running while on (most) rotations.  For my birthday Chris bought me a Wii fit (I was sooooo excited he had to kick me off so that I would go get ready for dinner the first night).  I have played games and exercised on it every day so far (pretty easy to do since it has only been 3 days).

At this point my goals have shifted from weight loss to toning.  I still would like to drop a few pounds but now my goal is to make my thighs look like Carrie Underwood's (anyone else jealous of her thighs?) and try to pretend like I actually have abs that work.
I found a few pictures to demonstrate my progress.  I think the weight loss in my face is the most obvious.  I dropped about 3 dress/pant sizes but I don't think that weight loss is as obvious as it is in other places.

Taken in 2011
Taken 7/11
White Coat Ceremony taken in March 2013













Now its time to set some new goals.  I want to continue to eat healthy, run the Neon Vibe 5K (yes-neon paint is involved), and continue to exercise regularly.  In the next 3 months, I want to hit my target weight, run an average of 4 miles three times a week and start to see muscle lines on my thighs and stomach.  We will have to see in 3 months if the pictures more clearly depict all the hard work.


I couldn't pick just one keep calm sign for this post.  Remember Keep Calm and Carry On





No comments:

Post a Comment